Today is Earth Day! Pope Francis has built a bridge between our rich Catholic Faith and the Secular Environmental Movement. Time to walk across it with love today! Here some easy things to do today with your family.
1. Pray the Canticle of the Sun by St. Francis of Assisi
2. Take a Nature Hike
3. Read a Bit of the Pope's Encyclical on the Environment, Laudato Si'
4. Take Someone You Love Fishing
5. Buy a Membership to your Local Watershed Association
6. Splash in Mud Puddles
7. Talk to a Master Gardener at the Seed Section of Your Local Hardware Store
8. Take Cookies to your local State Conservation Agency Employees
9. Feed Your Inner Policy Wonk with Truthful Environmental Journalism
10. Count the Times that Jesus Talks about Fish and Seeds in the Gospel of Mark