This meal passes my "can be cooked with a colicy child on my hip" test. If you have any similar recipe gems please leave the name of the dish on my comment section!
Tourtiere (meat pie)
Notes: Serves 8, easy to freeze, easy to save for leftovers
1- 1 1/2 lb ground pork
1 large potato
1 large onion, minced
1/2 t ground cinnamon
1/2 t ground cloves
dash of all spice (optional)
1/2 cup of water
9 inch double pie crust (I buy mine frozen since arrival of newborn)
1 egg (optional)
dash of paprika (optional)
1. Bake potato in microwave or oven. Peel & Mash.
2. Place mashed potato, ground pork, onion, spices and water in frying pan. Stir at a simmer until very thick. Traditionally this takes one hour, but I cheat and just do it until the pork is dark brown (15 mins.)
3. Spoon mixture evenly into pie crust. Cover with top pie crust. Brush with a beaten egg and sprinkle paprika if you have time.
4. Bake for 50 min in a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees.
5. Serve with a dish of formerly frozen peas for a complete meal.